Tomorrow evening, the 8th of May, we have Falmouth’s very own Cafe Scientifique kicking off with a lecture from Dr Sasha Dall on; “Unintelligent design: understanding the complexities of life”
Dr Sasha is the Snr Lecturer in Mathematical Biology of Exeter’s Tremough campus, and will enlighten us with this broad introduction to the modern study of evolutionary biology, with particular focus on animal behaviour.
Sasha will also be able to give an indication of other areas which his research study group explores; and this may prompt ideas and suggestions for future talks.
Sasha’s talk will start at 8pm, run for 20-30 minutes; and then we will have a brief break for refreshment before the Q&A.
To help manage what might be a sudden rush of orders, you can order food in advance, and you will also be able to pre-order interval drinks on the night.
For more info visit Falmouth Cafe Scientifique’s Link to website
Although still a little chilly it is absolutely gorgeous out there! We’re starting to feel in the bank holiday mood already and thought a touch of Tapas might be there perfect beginning to your weekend too?
Wow! We have just had a gorgeous delivery of some great bits to spice up your larder… From staples like Rice Wine and good Soy Sauce to more unusual Bamboo Leaves for making zongzi and Coconut Caramel… This new range of authentic products from around the globe are inspired by our ‘Tapas Goes Global’ February Menus. We’ll try and get photos up soon but in the meantime pop in and ask for a taste
With the switch on of Falmouth’s Christmas Lights coming up this Thursday we thought we would celebrate with complimentary mince pies for all those dedicated late night shoppers that visit us for a hot drink to warm the christmas cockles.
We’ll also be offering tasters of Colston Bassett Stilton and had have toasted chestnuts on if you fancy a nibble!
All of this, as well as our Tapas menu on offer from 17:30 should ensure a very tasty kick off to Falmouth’s late night shopping!
Tickets are £10.00 with all proceeds going to ShelterBox and you’ll each go away with a bag of coffee too!
What?: Cupping evening. Taste our latests Seasonal Collection coffees from Brazil and Rwanda before they hit the shelves.
See you there! Be quick – click the picture to book, limited tickets available.
Check this out…
Admittedly, we’re pretty pleased with ourselves. If you fancy one, or know someone that might you know were to come.
This example features 4 of Quickes Cheeses: Smoked, Double Gloucester, Farmhouse & Goats at the base
Brie de Meaux
Brillat-Savarin with Cranberries
Ok, maybe not, but we will be performing alongside Miracle Theatre at a couple of their upcoming shows:
We will be presenting an array of our wonderful refreshments to the outdoor theatre-goers from 6:00pm on the evenings of the performances; including hot & cold beverages alongside some tasty little nibbles to tantalize those taste buds. Alternatively you could follow this link to book a picnic to collect on the night…
For all the information you need about the current tour click here
And for more picnic info click here
See if you can spot the Courtyard Deli apron
Quick recipe for you to try when the sun comes back out:
- 1 sml punnet of English Strawberries
- 20 thin slices of cucmber
- handful of fresh mint leaves
- pinch of chilli flakes
- pinch of Cornish Seasalt
- pinch of sugar
- 250g pack of Halloumi
- Slice your strawberries thinly from top to bottom giving you pretty litle heart shapes.
- Arrange them on a flat presentation dish or large dinner plate, alternating between cucumber and strawberry.
- Pull any thick stems of your mint leaves and discard, then sprinkle your salt, sugar and chilli flakes onto your mint leaves and chop away until the mint is very fine.
- Sprinkle your chilli-mint mixture over your strawberry and cucumber display and leave to infuse.
- While your barbecue (or griddle pan) is heating up, slice your halloumi into half cm thick slices.
- Lay the halloumi onto your now hot barbecue and cook for approximately 1 minute on each side.
- Once golden, arrange the halloumi in the centre of your strawberry salad and share…